Businesses are realizing that applications are the business and the gateway to their customers. 78 percent of customers say their expectations of digital experiences are growing*. As companies pivot towards becoming app-centric businesses, it places enormous strain on enterprise IT, exposing dangerous silos between teams and technologies.
To help businesses address the increasing demand for flawless digital experiences, Cisco today unveiled a multi-domain approach that bridges application and infrastructure teams with full-stack visibility and operational insight, allowing both real-time and automated troubleshooting to ensure optimal application performance. A new Kubernetes-based application platform makes it easier for both DevOps and IT to embrace a multi-cloud world.
New innovations from Cisco:
1. Cisco’s AppDynamics, the #1 application performance monitoring solution, introduces the AppDynamics Experience Journey Map which automatically displays the most important user experience journeys within mission-critical apps. These journeys focus on both business metrics and application experience to give business and app teams a single correlated view across business performance, user experience, and application performance.
2. AppDynamics and Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer now exchange and correlate data to give application and infrastructure teams a shared view of infrastructure dependencies that affect application performance, user experience, and business impact. Using common vocabulary, common tooling and sharing datasets between application and infrastructure health, Cisco enables IT teams to more easily cooperate and focus on what matters most: the business and customers.
3. Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer introduces powerful workload and cost optimization capabilities across hybrid application architectures. Intersight Workload Optimizer takes into consideration performance, cost and compliance constraints. It uses historical and real-time knowledge to proactively flag potential issues as well as list opportunities to lower costs driven by overprovisioning.
4. Cisco HyperFlex Application Platform delivers an integrated container-as-a-service platform that simplifies provisioning and ongoing operations for Kubernetes across cloud, data centre, and edge. This new platform curates open-source tooling, automates routine tasks, and makes it easier for IT and DevOps teams to use Kubernetes in a way that accelerates application innovation across multi-cloud environments.
”Applications are now at the heart of every business but managing the IT infrastructure to ensure a positive user experience has never been more complex,” said Liz Centoni, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Cloud, Compute and IoT at Cisco. “These new technologies provide full visibility and deep insights into all aspects of infrastructure through the lens of application, simplifying real-time correction and automated predictability to identify and fix issues before they even happen.”
– AppDynamics Experience Journey Map will be available in 2Q20
– Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer will be available in 2Q20
– HyperFlex Application Platform for Kubernetes will be available for early access in 2Q20